Location: Millbrook Special Vehicles - Bedford, UK
Contract: Fixed term, until 31st March 2020
Reports to: Technician Supervisor
A member of the Millbrook Special Vehicles Team, this technician role will primarily support a new programme where Millbrook SV have gained ECSSTA (European Community Small Series Type Approval). This project involves working closely with the Original Equipment Manufacturer whose vehicles are being converted. The technician teams focus on the strip, modification and rebuild of vehicles. The current programme is for an electric vehicle conversion.
Roles and responsibilities
- Fitting mechanical components in line with the guidance provided to the designated quality standard.
- Strip, modification, and rebuild of vehicle components including vehicle trim.
- Specific skills are required for different build stations, namely:
- Trim – full strip and re-build of vehicle interior.
- Fabrication – installation of modifications to the vehicle platform.
- Electrical – fitment of additional wiring looms and components.
- Focus on continuous improvement - working with the Technician Supervisor to improve efficiency/quality during build.
- Ensure that any build sheet discrepancies are fed back appropriately to material control and production control.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are fit for purpose, including calibration requirements.
- Be responsible for maintaining a working environment in accordance to health and safety standards.
- Adhere to COSHH regulations.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook group staff at all times.
- Industry trained with recognised motor vehicle qualifications either NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds preferred.
- Vehicle conversion or body shop experience in mechanical and/or electrical (essential).
- Technician experience in a garage or dealership environment.
- Fabrication and electrical abilities (essential).
- Familiarity with electric vehicles and/or Conformity of Production procedures are desirable though not essential as full training will be provided.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Able to follow procedures.
- Manual dexterity and ability to use a wide range/variety hand tools.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Desire to provide excellent service and produce best in class results.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willing to undertake Disclosure check.
- Physically fit and in good health.
- Flexible to work shifts when required.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, stating the job reference number and your salary expectations, to email@example.com
Millbrook is not currently accepting applications through agencies. Any CVs submitted speculatively will not be accepted and will not constitute the payment of a referral fee.