This role is no longer available.
Reports to: Technician Supervisor
A key member of the Millbrook Special Vehicles team, this technician role will primarily support the Armoured Vehicle Group who are responsible for all aspects of the conversion of base vehicles to Civilian Armoured Vehicles (CAVs). The technician team focus on the strip, modification and rebuild of vehicles, but also play a key role in working alongside Millbrook SV’s engineering function in the design and development of future armoured vehicle projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fitting mechanical components in line with the guidance provided to the designated quality standard.
- Strip, modification, and rebuild of vehicle components including vehicle trim and glazing.
- Specific skills are required for different build stations, namely:
- Trim – full re-build of vehicle interior.
- Armouring – installation of armouring (including welding).
- Glazing – fitment of specialised glazing to OEM standard.
- Focus on continuous improvement - working with the Technician Supervisor to improve efficiency/quality during build.
- Ensure that build sheet discrepancies are fed back appropriately to material control and production control.
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are fit for purpose, including calibration requirements.
- Be responsible for maintaining a working environment in accordance to health and safety standards.
- Adhere to COSHH regulations.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Act in accordance with the behaviours for Millbrook staff at all times.
- Industry trained with recognised motor vehicle qualifications either NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds preferred.
- Vehicle conversion or body shop experience in mechanical and/or electrical.
- Technician experience in a garage or dealership environment.
- Fabrication, glazing and electrical abilities desirable.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Able to follow procedures.
- Manual dexterity and ability to use a wide range/variety hand tools.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Desire to provide excellent service and produce best in class results.
- Team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- An agent for change, establishing, driving and embracing industry best practice.
- Full UK driving license
- Willing to undertake Disclosure check
- Physically fit and in good health
To apply please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here